GMercyU provides information regarding its educational programs on our Academic Programs page and in our Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs.

In addition to Gwynedd Mercy University’s regional accreditation, the University’s business school, teacher education, and nursing programs have special accreditation. To learn more about GMercyU’s accreditation, visit the Accreditation page.

GMercyU has several branding guidelines that members of the GMercyU Community and vendors must adhere to. To learn more about GMercyU's Branding Guidelines, visit the Branding Guidelines page.

GMercyU annually provides detailed information regarding University Crime Statistics, and campus security practices, including emergency response and evacuation procedures, timely warnings, missing persons, and crime log policies. A paper copy of this report is available upon request. Additional information, including a copy of the University’s crime log, is available in the Department of Public Safety and Security.

To view a copy of our Annual Security Report online, go to the Office of Public Safety page.

For more information, please visit the Student Achievement page and choose the Certification and Professional Licensure Rates link.

The university strives to resolve student concerns in a fair and timely manner. If you would like to submit a comment or concern, please review the following Student Concerns and Comments Policy (PDF), which includes information on the complaint process along with necessary forms.

To ensure compliance with state authorization requirements, GMercyU is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). SARA is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education. As part of our participation in NC-SARA and in compliance with Federal Regulations for Title 34 Education § 668.43 (b) Institutional Information, Gwynedd Mercy University provides current and prospective students enrolled in online courses with information for filing complaints. The University strives to resolve complaints in a fair and timely manner. Students residing outside of the State of Pennsylvania while attending Gwynedd Mercy University who desire to resolve a complaint should refer to the University’s grievance procedures. If after following the University procedures the issue is not satisfactorily resolved internally and the student seeks additional resolution, the resources below may be used to file complaints in the student’s state or the institution’s accrediting body.

Student complaints relating to consumer protection laws offered under the terms and conditions of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), must first be filed with the institution to seek resolution.  SARA consumer protection provisions require the Institution’s Home State, through its SARA Portal Entity, to investigate and resolve allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity by the state’s SARA-participating institutions, including the provision of false or misleading information. The student should begin the complaint process with the institution and if resolution is not found, the student would contact the Institution’s Home State SARA Portal Entity. For more information, please visit

If after following the University procedures, the issue is not satisfactorily resolved internally and the student seeks additional resolution, the resources below may be used to file complaints with the appropriate agency in the student's state or the institution’s accrediting body.

Gwynedd Mercy University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Contact them at North Orange Street, 4th Floor, MB #166, Wilmington, DE 19801 or call 267-284-5000 for questions about the accreditation of Gwynedd Mercy University. Information regarding MSCHE’s complaint process can be found on the MSCHE website under Complaint Procedures.

Information regarding the Pennsylvania Department of Education complaint process can be found on the website under Complaint Procedures.

For additional information, please contact:

Division of Higher & Career Education |
Pennsylvania Department of Education - Postsecondary and Adult Education
333 Market Street, 12th Floor | Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Phone: 717.783.8228 | Fax: 717.722.3622 |

To register a complaint, please contact the corresponding Accrediting Organization:

Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Click on "Third-Party Comments for Current Accreditation Reviews"

Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)

Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 

Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
Section V.B.1 - Click on "Form for Complaints Against Programs"

International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)

Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)

Gwynedd Mercy University’s Computer and Technology Use Policy can be found on the IT Services page.

Gwynedd Mercy University’s Copyright Infringement and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing policies can be found on the Policies page.

GMercyU annually prepares and distributes to all students, faculty, and staff information regarding its alcohol and drug abuse prevention programs. The report is also available on request through the Counseling Office.

For more information on what our graduates do after graduation, please go to the Student Achievement page to view the results of our recent alumni surveys.

Gwynedd Mercy University offers a variety of facility rentals for events, conferences, and meetings. Please visit the Facilities Rental and Catering page for more information.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 is intended to protect the privacy of a student’s educational records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their educational records and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings.

To learn more about the University’s FERPA policy, please visit the Registrar's page.

For general information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website at

Financial Aid Information and Related Policies

Contact information for assistance in obtaining institutional or other financial aid is available on our Financial Aid page.

Information regarding the various types of financial assistance available to Gwynedd Mercy University students may be found on the University's Financial Aid page.

In addition, information is published in the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs.

Additional Information on the University’s Financial Aid Policies can be found on the Policies page and in the University catalogs.

Additional Policies, Information

GMercyU annually provides each student and current employee with information on campus fire safety policies, fire prevention activity data, and any fire-related incident that occurs within on-campus housing. This information can be found on the Office of Public Safety page. A paper copy of this report is available upon request.

Until recently, GMercyU offered a certificate-only option for the Cardiovascular Technology program, which was considered a Gainful Employment program. View the required program disclosure for the CVT program (PDF). 

Factors 6-Year Graduation Rates
(Fall Cohort 2013)
Overall Graduation Rate 60%
Gender Male: 53%
Female: 63%
Ethnicity Asian: 50%
African American: 38%
Hispanic: 50%
White: 68%
Race/Ethnicity unknown: 38%
Recipients of Federal Pell Grants 49%
Recipients of a subsidized Stafford Loan who did not receive a Pell Grant 63%
Students who did receive either a Pell Grant or a subsidized Stafford Loan 67%

Additional information on GMercyU’s graduation rates may be found on the National Center for Education Statistics website.

GMercyU’s combined Offices of Assessment, Compliance, and Institutional Research serve as University-wide resources for statistical data that is used for external reports, including those provided to government and accrediting agencies, professional organizations, and educational guides and directories.

The offices also play an integral role in supporting the University’s mission by collecting, analyzing, and presenting assessment data and information that demonstrates progress in student achievement at the University, program and course levels, while also identifying areas for sustainable institutional improvement.

To learn more about our institutional research efforts, visit our Institutional Assessment and Research page.

The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV federal student financial assistance program and have an intercollegiate athletic program to prepare an annual report to the U.S. Department of Education. This report includes information on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses.

A copy of GMercyU’s report may be requested by contacting the Athletics Director and is also available through the Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data Report at

Prospective first-time, full-time college students who want to enroll in an on-campus program can get an estimated annual cost of attendance by using the GMercyU net price calculator.

Information regarding the costs of attending Gwynedd Mercy University is posted on the Financial Aid & Tuition page.

Cohort Retention Rates of First-Time, Full-Time Bachelor's Cohort
Fall 2017 82%
Fall 2016 84%
Fall 2015 84%
Fall 2014 80%

Consistent with our mission and the core values that are at the heart of our Mercy tradition, Gwynedd Mercy University is committed to providing our students, faculty, and staff with an educational, residential and employment environment free from sex discrimination, which includes all incidents of Sexual Misconduct as defined within the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (PDF).

GMercyU's Title IX Coordinator is Tia Brown, who can be reached at 215-646-7300, ext. 21140 or For more information on GMercyU's Sexual Misconduct Policy, visit the Title IX page.

In order to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations, all universities offering online courses, online degrees and face-to-face activities such as internships, teaching practicums or clinical experiences in states other than their own must obtain state-level approvals for all regulated activities. Gwynedd Mercy University participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and is authorized to offer online courses and programs to residents in each state that is part of the agreement. Although California is not a participating member of SARA, GmercyU is still able to offer online education and field experiences in California because we meet that state’s criteria. Please know that any undergraduate or graduate student participating in a paid or unpaid internship, clinical or fieldwork experience (excluding student teaching) in the State of Colorado is required to have worker’s compensation insurance coverage.

For a program leading to a professional license or certification, authorization may or may not be required from the state licensing agency prior to beginning a clinical or field experience in a state other than Pennsylvania.

If I don’t live in Pennsylvania, may I take online courses from Gwynedd Mercy University?
If you are a resident of any state within the United States of America, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands, you may enroll in any Gwynedd Mercy University online course or program that does not lead to professional licensure or certification. For all programs and/or courses leading to professional licensure or certification, certain restrictions may apply.

If I am a Gwynedd Mercy University student, where may I complete a field experience such as an internship, teaching practicum, or clinical?
Experiential learning opportunities, such as internships, field experiences or clinical placements, are permitted in SARA states provided that: (1.) The University has obtained all the necessary professional and licensure approvals necessary to conduct the learning opportunity in that state; and (2.) Only 10 students in the same academic program from each institution are physically present simultaneously at a single field placement site, unless a higher number is approved by the University’s SARA portal entity, the Pennsylvania Department of Education.

Students who are enrolled in any program (online or on-ground) who wish to complete an activity such as an internship, clinical or fieldwork experience should consult the program coordinator before initializing any contact with a business or agency outside of Pennsylvania.

The program I wish to enroll in leads to professional licensure or certification; what do I need to know?
Gwynedd Mercy University does not guarantee that programs which fulfill Pennsylvania licensure/certification requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories other than Pennsylvania. Students from outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who are considering a program that may lead to professional licensure should contact the appropriate licensing agency in their state of residence before beginning a course of study. Eligibility for licensure and/or certification may involve more than successful degree completion.

For education programs, Pennsylvania Department of Education participates in the National Association Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreements. See the NASDTEC website for information regarding certification reciprocity agreements for each state.

For nursing programs (MSN and DNP), the National Council for State Board of Nursing provides contact information for each state.

It is highly recommended that international students considering an online or on-campus academic program leading to professional licensure or certification first confirm with the applicable professional licensing entities in their country of residence and/or county in which they intend to work as to whether the program/degree is formally recognized. This includes, but is not limited to, when seeking licensure, certification, certain types of employment, and/or when enrolling in subsequent educational programs.

Out-of-State Distance Education Student Complaint Process
As a SARA participating institution, GmercyU has agreed to abide by the SARA student complaint process for distance education student complaints not related to grades or conduct. See GMercyU's Complaint Process for further guidance and information on how to submit a complaint or process an appeal.

GMercyU welcomes a diverse group of students from around the country and around the world to our campuses.

Ethnicity Fall 2017 Enrollment Percentages of Total Enrollment
Asian 148 5%
African American 601 21%
American Indian 7 0%
Hispanic 143 5%
Nonresident Alien 1 0%
Pacific Islander 1 0%
Unknown 117 4%
White 1763 63%
Two or more races 27 1%
Total 2808 100%


For information on student diversity, including the breakdown of males, females, self-identified members of specific racial and ethnic groups, and federal Pell Grant recipients, please see our 2017 Common Data Set (PDF).

Information regarding the support services provided to students with disabilities is available on the Student Accessibility Services page, as well as in the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs.

To view a copy of the University’s Teacher Preparation Program Report, please go to the Student Achievement page.

The Campus Store provides information on what textbooks and other course materials students will need for the classes they select.

Textbook information is organized by Course Title, Section Number and Instructor, and the information provided regarding textbooks includes Title, Author, Edition, ISBN #, and pricing information.

GMercyU’s transfer of credit policies are available in the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs, as well as on the Transfer Credits page. This page includes links to current Articulation Agreements and Course Equivalency Guides with area community colleges.

Find our current Tuition Refund Policies for term and non-term students on our Bursar / Billing page.

Information on our student vaccinations and immunizations requirements are located on the New Student Health page.

To report a concern via the University’s Anonymous Reporting Line, call 866-528-9304 or submit your concern online — the link will prompt you to download an app. Once you've opened the app, please click on the circle with the + sign, then click on Whistleblowing icon.